Today you will be redesigning a brochure for FACS. Include information for someone who has never heard of FACS or been in the class before. You will make a trifold brochure. The original design you are improving upon is below.
- What is the difference between a credit and debit card?
- Why might a credit provider offer you a lower initial APR?
- How do banks make money (profit)?
- What is the difference between a checking and a savings account?
- What are fixed expenses? List 2 examples.
- What are variable expenses? List 2 examples.
- What is a budget?
- How could a budget help you reach a financial goal?
- Why is it important to learn about money?
- What are two parts of life where it will be useful to know about finances?
Complete your two rows of backstitching on the white fabric sample. These must be approved upon completion. If you have completed your seams please assist others students.
Our primary stitch for the Earbud Cozy is the backstitch. Use dark thread on 1 white seam tape strip to sew 2 even, neat backstitch seams (one on each edge). This must be approved before beginning today's session.
Practice threading & Knotting
Practice threading your needle and tying a quilter's knot. Return to the previous session if you need a refresh on the technique.
Sewing Tools: Do you Remember?
Click the image below to play a sewing tool review game.
Saunders Middle School Family & Consumer Science
Intellectual property of Michelle Kight